Austin-Travis County Fire and EMS
A brief 15-30 sec ad will play at
the start of this feed.
No ads for Premium Subscribers
Austin-Travis County Fire and EMS
General Feed Information
Fire and EMS Dispatch for City of Austin, Texas and surrounding Travis County operating on the Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS). This feed is a stereo broadcast with fire automated dispatch (Locution) on the left channel and fire/EMS primary and tactical talk groups on the right channel. This feed also includes alpha tags for talkgroup and UID alias. Agencies include:
- Austin Fire Department
- Austin/Travis County EMS
- North Lake Travis Fire & EMS (ESD 1)
- Pflugerville Fire & EMS (ESD 2)
- Oak Hill Fire Department (ESD 3)
- Manchaca Fire Department (ESD 5)
- Lake Travis Fire Rescue (ESD 6)
- Pedernales Fire Department (ESD 8)
- Westlake Fire Department (ESD 9)
- CE Bar Fire Department (ESD 10)
- Travis County Fire Rescue (ESD 11)
- Manor Fire Department (ESD 12)
- Volente Fire Department (ESD 14)
Active Fire Incident Page
This page provides information on active Fire, Rescue, & Hazmat Fire incidents in Austin and Travis County. No medical calls will be displayed to comply with HIPAA laws. Data is updated every 3 minutes.
Both Austin Fire Department and Austin/Travis County EMS maintain twitter feeds that give amplifying information on active incidents. These feeds can be found here:
Feed Status & Talkgroups
|FEED STATUS ALERTS|
|Category||ID||Alpha Tag||Talkgroup Description|
|Austin & Travis County Fire (Right Channel)|
|1121||AT FCOM N||Firecom North|
|1123||AT FCOM S||Firecom South|
|1122||TC FCOM E||Firecom East|
|1142||TC FCOM W||Firecom West|
|FTAC 201-215||FireTac 201-215|
|FTAC 301-315||FireTac 301-315|
|FTAC 401-415||FireTac 401-415**|
|ESD 1-14||ESD Talkgroups|
|1146||AT FD EMER||FD Emergency|
|Austin-Travis County EMS (Right Channel)|
|1291||AT EMS 8 ALERT||EMS Station Alert|
|1221||AT EMS CTL||EMS Control|
|1222||AT MCOM N||MedCom North|
|1223||AT MCOM C||MedCom Central|
|1224||AT MCOM S||MedCom South|
|1263||AT MCOM W||MedCom West|
|1262||AT EMS EMER||EMS Emergency|
|LOCUTION Dispatch (Left Channel)|
|1147||AT LOCU||Austin FD LOCUTION Dispatch|
|1162||TC LOCU||Travis County FD LOCUTION Dispatch|
**FTAC 401-415 are normally used for training and as a result will usually be disabled. These talk groups will be activated during significant events whereby their use is needed for tactical requirements.
Feed Listening Notes
- FCOM N/S are the primary talkgroups for Austin Fire Department. Companies operating north of the Colorado river will utilize FCOM N as their home channel. Companies operating south of the river will utilize FCOM S as their home channel.
- FCOM E/W are the primary talkgroups for Travis County Fire Departments. Companies operating east of the city will utilize Firecom East as their home channel. Companies operating west of the city will utilize Firecom West as their home channel.
- During routine operations, FCOM N and FCOM S will be patched into each other, effectively creating a single city-wide talkgroup. FCOM E and FCOM W will also be patched together creating a single county-wide talkgroup. Units will still identify the indivisual talkgroup over the air; as a result, due to the patch, you may hear units on FCOM N but see alpha-tags stating they are on FCOM S (or vice-versa).
- Tactical talkgroups (FTAC 201-415, found on Zones 2-4) will be assigned in sets of three (3) for incidents requiring tactical communications (Box Alarms, Vehicle Rescues etc.). The three talkgroups will be utilized as follows: a primary tactical talkgroup, an alternate tactical talkgroup and an incident emergency radio talkgroup. This set of talkgroups will normally be assigned at initial dispatch, but may be requested by Companies on the scene of an incident if needed. For example:
- FTAC 201 Primary Tactical Talkgroup
- FTAC 202 Alternate Tactical Talkgroup
- FTAC 203 Incident Emergency Talkgroup
- Fire Dispatch will only announce the designated primary talkgroup (FTAC 201, FTAC 204, FTAC 207, etc...). If the Incident Commander needs more than the initial set of three channels, Command may request additional tactical sets dependent on the needs of the incident.
- Fireground Rapid Intervention Teams (RITs) will always monitor the incident emergency talkgroup along with the primary tactical talkgroup.
- Multiple alarm Companies responding to an incident or arriving at the Incident Base shall communicate on the alternate tactical talkgroup or as directed by Fire Dispatch.
- Talkgroup set ARFF 301-303 is reserved for Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA) aircraft fire-rescue (AFR) operations.
- Talkgroup sets in Zone 4 (FTAC 401-415) are primarlily used for training but during significant events, these talkgroup sets will revert to tactical use. These talkgroups will normally be disabled in the scanner feed unless they become active for tactical events.
- All GATRRS public safety radios are programmed to utilize cnannel position 16 on every zone as a direct (non-trunked/non-repeater) frequency. Usually referred to as DIRECT 16, this channel may be utilized when the system is fully operational but radios at the incident on a regular channel are receiving a system unavailable signal. This can occur when attempting to transmit in an area that the radio signals cannot reach the repeater, such as when below ground or in some high-rise buildings. DIRECT 16 is not included in the feed given that it is highly unlikely any transmission would be received.
UID (Alpha Tag) Abbreviations
|TC||Travis County ESD 1||BAT||Battalion Chief||LT||Lieutenant|
|PF||Pflugerville ESD 2||ENG||Engine||SPC||Specialst (Driver)|
|OH||Oak Hill ESD 3||QNT||Quint||FF1||Firefigher 1|
|MA||Manchaca ESD 5||LAD||Ladder||FF2||Firefighter 2|
|LT||Lake Travis ESD 6||RES||Rescue (Fire Company)||FF3||Firefighter 3 or Spare Portable|
|PD||Pedernales ESD 8||SQ||Squad||DC||EMS District Commander|
|WL||Westlake ESD 9||BT||Brush Truck||DiV||EMS Division Chief|
|CB||Ce Bar ESD 10||SR||Search/Rescue||PORT||Portable Radio|
|TC||Travis County ESD 11||SAFE||Safety Officer||MD||Medical Director|
|MN||Manor ESD 12||INV||Investigator||CHP||Community Health Paramedic|
|VL||Volente ESD 14||COM||Communications||FS||Fire Station|
|EL||Elgin||BDT||APD Blood Draw Liaison||MCOT||Mobile Crisis Outreach Team|
|JT||Jonestown||ATU||Alternative Transport Unit||DM||Demand Ambulance (EMS)|
|LV||Lago Vista||AFR||Aircraft Fire/Rescue||M||Medic (Ambulance)|
|MR||Mustang Ridge||TEN||Tender||MR||Medic Rescue (SpecOps)|
|RW||Rollingwood||SB||Smoke Buster||SEM||Special Event Medic|
|SV||Sunset Valley||FTO||Field Training Officer|
|LE||Leander||PRU||Paramedic Response Unit|
|RR||Round Rock||HALO||High Activity Loc. Obs.|
Working Incidents/Feed Alert/Status Updates
All talkgroups will remain in scan mode, even during regularly dispatched incidents. The only exception is when there is a major incident (e.g. multi-alarm fire), in which a status update will be posted and the talkgroup may be locked on for the duration of the incident.
Abbreviations will be used during status updates to provide as much information as possible with limited characters. The following list will be commonly used abbreviations in status updates:
[AGENCY] | [BOX #] | [TALKGROUP] | [INCIDENT TYPE] | [ALARM LEVEL] | [LOCATION] | [INITIAL ASSIGNMENT] | [DETAILS]
SAMPLE FEED ALERT:
AFD | 00-0503 | FTAC 201 | BOX-Structure Fire | 1Alarm | 3851 Manor Rd | ENG14 ENG05 ENG15 ENG18 QNT18 QNT03 RES14 BAT06 BAT01 | Reported fire in kitchen
Hosted near Lake Travis, This feed is broadcasted using an Uniden BCD536HP on the left channel (Locution Dispatch) and an Uniden SDS200 on the right channel with UPS backup power.
On an occasional basis, routine maintenance will be conducted on the laptop by restarting it to ensure it runs effectively. Ideally, notification will be made via Twitter prior to restart and will be conducted during quiet hours. Maintenance should take no more than 30-60 minutes.
Questions or concerns?
Please private message me via the RadioReference forums for any general questions, concerns, or comments. If you submit a problem report, be sure to enable private messaging, or I will be unable to reply.