Johnson County Public Safety
A brief 15-30 sec ad will play at
the start of this feed.
No ads for Premium Subscribers
:: NEW AS OF APRIL 21, 2021 ::
Starting April 21, 2021, the audio feed is now coming directly from ScanJoCo.us's hardware and is no longer hardware-based.
What does this mean? No more cut-off audio, no more choppy audio. Please note that the radio traffic IS going to become delayed during high radio activity - this is expected behavior. This new setup queues the radio traffic as it comes in rather than stepping over one another and missing out on radio traffic.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Feel free to submit your feedback by clicking/tapping here.
The following agencies are being scanned, along with their talk group ID and any additional notes.
|Agency / Type||Talkgroup, Tag, Notes|
|Overland Park, Sanders
|(31351) Displays as: Overland Park - Sanders Dispatch
|Overland Park, Scafe
Police Dispatch & Broadcasts
|(31353) Displays as: Overland Park - Scafe Dispatch
|(31303) Displays as: Olathe - Dispatch
|(31251) Displays as: Lenexa - Dispatch
|(31201) Displays as: Leawood - Dispatch
|Johnson County Sheriff
Police Dispatch, South Zone
|(30003) Displays as: JoCoSo - South Zone
Covers most of rural Johnson County, KS calls.
|Johnson County Sheriff
Police Dispatch, North Zone
|(30001) Displays as: JoCoSo - North Zone
Covers most of urban and suburban Johnson County, KS calls.
|(31451) Displays as: Shawnee - Dispatch
|(31401) Displays as: Prairie Village - Dispatch|
|Johnson County Emergency Communications Center
|(30101) Displays as: JoCoECC - Dispatch
(30102) Displays as: JoCoECC - Ops
(30992) Displays as: JoCoECC - Dispatch
NOTE: ECC Auto Dispatch (30992) is full time patched to Dispatch (30101)
Covers all of Johnson County KS emergency (EMS, Fire, etc) dispatch calls. Sometimes (rare!) includes dispatching calls/responses to portions of Douglas and Miami County, KS.
The scanner feed on Broadcastify.com does not monitor & stream event channels (JoCo Common, City Wide, Public Works, etc), KDOT, or non-dispatch talk groups. It no longer provides coverage of RegCom 03.
I cannot monitor or scan JoCo ECC Fireground talk groups (ECC Tac 4 to Tac 9). They encrypted it in 2013, and it appears it was solely encrypted to keep the media (TV/News) out. This also means you, the public, cannot listen in either. Sorry.
- Why is this stream so quiet... where's the humming and noise?
- I don't like white noise. I don't like listening to a grounding hum issue all day.
- The scanner is very much so scanning, but not with background sounds.
- The alpha tags are showing up a few seconds after the voice transmission.
- This is simply due to the application in use sending the metadata in a delayed state to the Broadcastify servers causing further delay. Generally, meta/alpha tags are sent as the voice activates.
- The audio is really distorted!! What gives?
- That happens from time to time with P25 systems. As far as I am aware, this is due to a bad decode on the scanner or an antenna on the P25 system having issues, causing the scanner to lose a lock on the talk group.
- Sometimes it will auto-correct, other times - it will be like that until the transmission concludes.
- Commonly known as simulcast distortion.
- All dispatches utilize a tone/beep before activating voice for any priority/urgent calls. All configured talk groups listed above can utilize the following tones...
- Short low-pitch tone: Channel Marker, used when air is held. Happens every 10 seconds if active - in queued audio, it will play rather rapidly.
- Long high-pitch tone: Attention call/page out.
- Fast High tone beep x3 or x5: ECC Fire Call or non-breather.
- Hi-Lo / Warble: Assist the officer (Police), Evacuate Building (Fire).
- If the stream is silent for more than 15 minutes at any given time and only shows "Scanning...", please do let me know. It's possible a frequency changed on the JoCo system, or the scanner needs to be hit with a hammer a few more times. :^)
- If you/your media agency wishes to use the audio archives of this stream on your channel you are welcome to.
- There are no fees to using the audio from this stream on your network.
- All I (the feed broadcaster) ask of in return is properly crediting the stream, or at least the host of this service: Broadcastify.com.
- Broadcastify.com is CC BY 3.0 US.
- Broadcastify usage guidelines can be found here.
Last updated: Sept 9, 2021.