NS Harrisburg East Dispatcher
A brief 15-30 sec ad will play at
the start of this feed.
No ads for Premium Subscribers
- Harrisburg Chapter - National Railway Historical Society: www.HarrisburgNRHS.org
- Central Pennsylvania Repeater Association: www.w3nd.org/
- South Mountain Communications, Inc.: home.ptd.net/~bauker/smc.htm
- Brian Auker - N3JYD
- Gary Blacksmith - WA3CPO
- Kevin Maglouglin - KA0JQO
- Dan Rapak - WA3ATV
- and Jeff Vinton - W2JSV for their efforts in making this feed possible.
- The Harrisburg Line from BURKE interlocking on the west at milepost HP 104.2 near Hummelstown, PA to its eastern terminus near Philadelphia.
- The entire Lehigh Line
- The entire Morrisville Line.
- The entire Reading Line.
- The Ashmore Secondary
- The C&F Secondary
- The Cement Secondary
- The Dale Secondary
- The Pottsville Branch
- The Cornwall Industrial Track (what’s left of it)
- The Evansville Industrial Track
- The Freemansburg Industrial Track
- The Pottstown Industrial Track
- The Reading Industrial Track
- The Richmond Street Industrial Track
- The Spruce Street Industrial Track
- The Venice Industrial Track
- The 11th Street Industrial Track
- Traffic in and out of Reading Yard between BELT interlocking and OLEY interlocking.
- Interchange traffic with the Reading, Blue Mountain & Northern Railroad through BELT interlocking to Reading Yard.
- Work at Dyer’s Quarry on the Harrisburg Line Main Track (the “Turkey Path”) at Milepost GV 16.5.
- PRL’s Lancaster & Northern exercising trackage rights between their connection to the NS Harrisburg Line at Sinking Springs (between WYOMISSING JCT and DORF interlocking on Track 2) and Reading Yard for interchange.
- Work at the PPC ethanol terminal at Sinking Springs, also between WYOMISSING JCT and DORF interlocking on Track 2.
- Work by the “Hershey Shifter” moving cars between the various plants of Hershey Foods by way of several hand crossovers and hand switches between BURKE interlocking and MILLARDS interlocking.
- You may also hear the NS Harrisburg Terminal Dispatcher on this frequency communicating with trains entering his territory.
- MP 46.9 - DE, HB
- MP 56.0 - HC
- MP 60.9 - HC (WYOMISSING JCT)
- MP 63.5 - DE, HB
- MP 71.1 - DE, HB
- MP 79.8 - DE, HB
- MP 90.5 - DE, HB
- MP 103.3 - DE, HB, HW (BURKE interlocking)
- MP 105.0 - HC (BEAVER interlocking - Thoroughfare Track and Rutherford Siding, eastbound only)
- MP 61.3 - HC (BELT interlocking.)
- MP 0.8 - DE, HB
TrainMon5: This territory is well covered by our companion TrainMon5 display. TrainMon5 uses your browser to provide a graphical display of the railroad in real-time, similar to what a dispatcher would see on their screens. The display runs on any browser and any device that supports a browser including both Windows and Apple computers, note pads and both Android and iOS smart phones. There is no need to install software on your device. However, there is an app for Android phones that can be installed if you choose to. The advantage of the app is greatly reduced data consumption if you are not on an unlimited data plan. Sorry, there is no app for iPhones.
You will need to establish an account to access the TrainMon5 server. There are a number of hoops to jump through for security reasons, but you only have to do this once. It will take time for your account to be approved as each request is reviewed by a human being. The address for TrainMon5 is: https://www.trainmon5.com/