Covers all Johnson County PD & FD dispatches. Includes Overland Park, Olathe, Shawnee, Lenexa, JoCo Sheriff & JoCo ECC.
TOC: Click to scroll to... Agencies Scanned, Common FAQ's, Other Notes, Live Media Usage Notice.
The following are agencies are being scanned, along with their talk group ID's and any additional notes.
If viewing from your mobile, please view the table section below in landscape/horizontial mode. Vertical mode on phones is a mess of text below.
|Agency / Type
||Talkgroup, Tag, Notes
|Overland Park, Sanders
|(31351) Displays as: Overland Park - Sanders Dispatch
|Overland Park, Scafe
Police Dispatch & Broadcasts
|(31353) Displays as: Overland Park - Scafe Dispatch
Rarely used for dispatch, used commonly for general all calls/broadcasts.
|(31303) Displays as: Olathe - Police Dispatch
|(31251) Displays as: Lenexa - Police Dispatch
|Johnson County Sheriff
Police Dispatch, South Zone
|(30003) Displays as: JoCo Sheriff - South Dispatch
Covers most of rural Johnson County, KS calls.
This channel is patched into north zone during night hours.
|Johnson County Sheriff
Police Dispatch, North Zone
|(30001) Displays as: JoCo Sheriff - North Dispatch
Covers most of urban and suburban Johnson County, KS calls.
|Johnson County Emergency Communications Center
|(30101) Displays as: JoCo ECC - FireEMS Dispatch
Covers all of Johnson County KS emergency (EMS, Fire, etc) dispatch calls. Sometimes (rare!) includes dispatch calls/response to portions of Douglas and Miami County, KS.
|(31451) Displays as: Shawnee - Police Dispatch
|MISC SCANNED CHANNELS
Regional Common #
|(34006) Displays as: Regional Interop - Common#
See FAQ's at bottom.
EM & Weather
|(33017) Displays as: Special Event - NWS KC
See FAQ's at bottom.
This scanner does not monitor event channels (JoCo Common, Citywide, Public Works, etc), KDOT, or non-dispatch talkgroups.
Additionally, I cannot monitor or scan JoCo ECC Fireground talk groups (ECC Tac 4 to Tac 8). They encrypted it in 2013, and it appears it was solely encrypted to keep the media (TV/News) out. Which also means you, the public cannot listen in either. Fun fact: JoCoECC is the only Fire/EMS agency in the USA to 100% blanket encrypt fire ground audio. Sorry.
- Why is this stream so quiet... where's the humming and noise?
- I don't like white noise. I don't like listening to a grounding hum issue all day.
- The scanner is very much so scanning, but not with annoying background sounds.
- The alpha tags are showing up a few seconds after the voice transmission.
- This is simply due to the application in use sending the metadata in a delayed state to the Broadcastify servers causing further delay. Generally, meta/alpha tags are sent as the voice activates.
- Scanner is tuning into a dispatch or some sort of public safety call midway...!!
- There are many towns and cities in Johnson County, KS. If there was a previous voice connection active, it will keep the channel open until the transmission ends. This may end up with another channel being tuned into midway. Just the way of the river.
- The scanner will attempt to prioritize active sessions via Priority and Non-Priority channels.
- The audio is really distorted!! What gives?
- That happens from time to time with P25 systems. As far as I am aware, this is due to a bad decode on the scanner or an antenna on the P25 system having issues, causing the scanner to lose a lock on the talk group.
- Sometimes it will auto correct, other times - it will be like that until the transmission concludes.
- Commonly known as simulcast distortion.
- What are "Regional Common" channels?
- These channels are utilized throughout the Kansas City metro, including much of Johnson County KS to allow the dissemination of information from dispatch to dispatch.
- These channels may sometimes be utilized for 'all calls' for the entire county or metro (Amber Alerts, High speed chases).
- These channels may also be set as a patch-through channel between agencies (For example: Olathe KS to Independence MO PD Dispatch).
- The respective RegCom channels are MANUALLY activated on the scanner if an event in JoCo is ongoing.
- Granted... JoCo (for whatever reasons unknown!) uses talk group channels called "JoCo PS Tac 1" up to "JoCo PS Tac 10" - these are all encrypted.
- Why is NWS KC coming over this scanner?
- This TGID is activated during the severe weather season: April - August.
- It is only activated during/anticipated severe weather events.
- It is a semi-continuation of the MERS scanner another person hosted here on Broadcastify.
- Broadcasts for this TGID are around 6 to 7AM, around 12PM to 1PM, and at 6PM to 7PM.
- This channel may also activate when severe weather is imminent/ongoing to the KC Metro, including Johnson County KS.
- KC MERS has a very noticable audible pre-tone when activated outside of the tone that i've programmed the scanner to do. It's hard to miss. :-)
- All dispatches utilize a tone/beep before activating voice. All configured talk groups listed above can utilize the following tones...
- Dual-beep / Multi-tone: NWS in KC doing a broadcast.
- Short low-pitch tone: Channel Marker, used when air is held.
- Long high-pitch tone: Attention call/page out.
- Fast High tone beep x5: ECC Fire Call or non breather.
- Hi-Lo / Warble: Assist the officer (Police), Evacuate Building (Fire).
- The scanner is active and showing agencies saying something via alpha tags... but no audio!
- What does (HOLD) mean?
- Complete scanner hold on a single systems talk group. Forces the scanner to ignore all non-priority set channels, locks to a single Talkgroup ID number. Enabled when there is a notable event in progress (mainly on regional common 3). Manually Activated.
- If the stream is silent for more than 15 minutes at any given time and only shows "Scanning...", please do let me know. Is possible a frequency changed on the JoCo system, or the scanner needs to be hit with a hammer a few more times. :^)
ATTN LIVE MEDIA (TV, Radio, etc)...
- If you/your media agency wishes to use the audio archives of this stream on your channel you are welcome to.
- There are no fees to using the audio from this stream on your network.
- All I (the feed broadcaster) ask of in return is proper crediting to the stream, and the host of this service: Broadcastify.com.
- Broadcastify.com is CC BY 3.0 US.
- Broadcastify usage guidelines can be found here.
If you do not wish for your dispatch operations to be monitored and streamed from this particular feed, please contact me (click here) by email via your city, county, or state/government issued email address. Please state your affiliation, what agency you are associated with, and the talk group ID number(s) to be not scanned. I will make a timely effort to set the scanner to not monitor said talkgroup. This scanner only monitors Core Dispatch channels listed above (RegCom channels are rarely activated). I won't make a fuss about the removal request - I understand.
Please note: I will not accept emails from personal domains or free-to-use services (gmail, yahoo, etc) for removal requests.
Last updated: June 19th 2018.